The benefits of cloud computing can be even more significant for smaller companies than larger companies. The cloud offers easy access to all the benefits of technology without having to worry about the usual problems, such as deploying, building, investing, maintaining, and operating the infrastructures involved, putting small businesses on more equal footing with their larger counterparts.
Cloud computing removes the barriers small businesses have as they try to take advantage of new technologies. With low entry costs, automatic updates, predictable expenses, minimal IT burden, and scalable functionality, cloud helps level the playing field for small businesses. What this means for small businesses and start-ups is that they can focus on what technology can do for them, rather than focus on how to purchase technology.
Solutions & Challenges
- High cost of technology Technology can be expensive, and keeping up with the larger players can become increasingly difficult.
- Lack of IT skill set/human resource constraints Small businesses typically cannot afford to hire and retain a full IT staff, making it difficult to adequately manage and maintain premises-based technology.
- Rapid rate of change Technology is changing rapidly, and without internal technical expertise and large IT budgets, small businesses are at a disadvantage when it comes to deploying the latest technology.
- Security and compliance mandates Businesses of all sizes are facing an increasing compliance burden, primarily surrounding safe storage of sensitive data.
- Scaling as company grows Small, growing businesses need technology that scales with them, providing the additional storage and computing power they need—when they need it.
- Integration issues While most small businesses already utilize some cloud-based solutions, they struggle to integrate those systems with legacy on-premises applications.
- Keeping systems up and running IT availability is vital for small businesses, where just a small amount of downtime can jeopardize profitability.
- Backup and disaster recovery Small businesses need secure, reliable, and cost-effective disaster recovery and business-continuity protection.
- Protection from cyber threats Small businesses understand they must step up their efforts to combat cyber attacks, yet most lack sufficient internal resources to combat ever-evolving cyber threats.
- Always-on accessibility An increasingly mobile and distributed workforce expects their “office” to be wherever they are located. Small businesses now regard mobility as an essential business enabler—critical to the success of their business.
- Systems integration Small businesses are seeking to leverage the business-class tools they already use, integrating them in with new solutions to provide broad, cost-effective functionality.
- Cyber protection Without the necessary security in place, small businesses are opening their operations to an array of devastating vulnerabilities.
Top Business Challenges
- Does your IT staff have additional capacity to handle new technology initiatives in addition to day-to-day operations?
- Is your current technology lowering costs and/or generating profits for the company?
- How old are your current technology solutions?
- Are you confident about your current data backup and restore solutions?
- Have you tested it?
- Have you verified the backup solution is running error free?
- Is your current technology limiting your ability to grow, scale, and expand into new markets or explore new opportunities?
- Will your business be negatively affected if “X” piece goes offline? To what degree?
- Do you have what it takes to exceed customer / client expectations in a digital world?
Why the cloud?
- Future-proof flexibility- Adopting a cloud platform can help small businesses remain agile and adaptable to changing consumer and business demands. Subscription-pricing models for many cloud services allow companies to pay for what they need, when they need it.
- Cost savings- A cloud-services supplier provides servers and infrastructure, giving companies a cost-effective way to update their architecture without significant investment in equipment. And once systems are moved to the cloud, there’s no need to house servers, reducing the amount of money and energy spent keeping those machines running and cool.
- IT staff availability- Cloud computing frees IT resources for other tasks because the cloud-service provider takes care of regular maintenance and updates, as well as security checks and procedures.
- Communication and collaboration- Effective and efficient communication and collaboration tools are important across all industries and all sizes of organizations. Cloud-communication solutions are often small businesses’ first foray into the cloud.
- Scalability- Cloud provides virtually unlimited data storage capabilities, growing as your need for more storage grows. Resources can be added or shelved in response to growth or a change in focus.
- Efficiency- Cloud services offer more effective management of software licenses through on-demand software (SaaS) and timely, centralized updates, performed by qualified software engineers.
- Data security- Cloud services provide 24/7 disaster recovery and more consistent security compliance than standalone systems can realistically provide.
- Cyber security- To protect themselves, small businesses need comprehensive yet cost-effective network security solutions to mitigate risk to their business and prevent the financial and reputational damage created by a data breach.
- Disaster recovery- Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) makes a secure and compliant DR strategy increasingly attractive to small businesses. Business data and applications are replicated and stored in secure cloud locations. Data, applications, even entire data centers can be restored in minutes from the cloud.
Cloud Services & Capabilities
- Cloud backup and recovery- Protect valuable data with comprehensive backup and disaster recovery solutions from cloud-technology leaders with local and remote storage.
- Business applications- Streamline business processes, improve organizational workflows and efficiencies, and manage project deliverables.
- Cloud enablement services- Deliver timely and responsive global customer support, and accelerate technical development and user adoption regardless of branch offices or multiple locations.
- Communication and collaboration- Empower your midsize-business teams to work together more effectively and securely while removing physical and geographic limitations.
- Infrastructure- Implement cloud-infrastructure solutions for large-business customers to increase business agility, drive new revenue, boost competitiveness, and improve operational efficiency.
- Security- Helps business safeguard their sensitive data, ensure business continuity, achieve compliance, and protect critical systems.
Why partner with a technology solution provider?
- Embrace new technology- Small businesses are looking for solutions that can help accelerate their digital transformations by securely integrating new technologies, including cloud and managed services, as well as ensuring network and data security. Anyone can sell products, but those who know how to build integrated, secure solutions will be the ones who grow their business. Magoo assist with planning, implementation, and training to ensure appropriate application of new technology.
- Expertise- Magoo brings both product and industry expertise to bear for small businesses in their digital transformations, helping them to best evaluate, select, and deploy new technology solutions.
- Single point of contact- By providing a single point of contact for multiple technology solutions, Magoo streamlines the small businesses ability to procure, support, and maintain their solutions.
- Efficiency- Magoo can handle much of the overhead with regard to consolidated billing, technical support, updates, new licenses, and other cost-related issues on behalf of your small-business, reducing the burden on the organizations.
- Service quality- Service quality is the ultimate value that Magoo can offer. Promises of service quality are typically backed by contractual service-level agreements. Magoo is therefore highly incentivized to develop the tools, processes, and governance required to deliver reliable services in a cost effective manner.
- Risk reduction- Reducing risks related to security, business continuity, and compliance is a critical area of IT that Magoo can address effectively. Escalating threats and a complex technology landscape make it difficult for inhouse IT organizations to keep up with changing requirements without access to the skills and resources of a Magoo professional.
- Access to skills- Magoo employ technology subject-matter experts that most small businesses will find difficult to assemble and too expensive to retain. They provide the technical know-how and migration support to streamline retailers’ move to the cloud.
- Focus on the mission- With IT infrastructure issues handled by Magoo, companies can focus on their mission, core competencies, and strategies.
- Cost reduction- Magoo achieves a lower cost point than most companies can achieve internally. Additionally, many of SMB costs— from infrastructure and overhead to technical staff—are shared across multiple clients.
Want to learn more?
Complete the attached form to speak with one of our associates regarding the needs of your business. Our team can overview your current technology use, and create a detailed action plan with industry recommendations to ensure your technology is working for you.
This no obligation, no hassle, assessment can assist you in a company evaluation to determine your true cost, and potential shortcomings.