You may be required to update your device configuration for recent changes to your phone. Changes in device configuration, virtual extensions, or feature enhancements may necessitate this change. Updating your device configuration is easy.
- To update your device
- Ensure your phone is connected to the internet.
- If you device shows no service, this process will not work. Please contact Magoo, or your IT department.
- Look at the back of your phone. Depending on you company setup, please follow the below actions.
- Network Cable Only. With this configuration, your company is most likely using POE (Power Over Ethernet). Unplug the network cable and wait for the device to power down. Once the device is powered down, plug the cable back in.
- Two Network Cables. With this configuration, your company is most likely using POE, and sharing the phones network connection with another device. Please locate the incoming network cable and unplug that cable. The device should power down. If the device does not power down, please reconnect that cable and disconnect the other data cable. The device should power down. Please reconnect that cable.
- Network Cable Plus Power Cable. With this configuration, your company is most likely supplying power by a power adapter. Please disconnect the power adapter, wait for the device to power down, and reconnect the power adapter. A power adapter generally is round at the end that plugs into the device.
After your device power cycles, it will reach out to our servers for the most recent configuration. The power cycle process may take some time due to this process.
If your device does not load the most recent configuration, please contact your support representative at 217-318-3084 Ext 3.