Whether you’re using the Web Client, smartphone app, Windows Desktop App or a desk phone, 3CX is your one stop for all business communication. Colleagues, clients or customers – 3CX provides the tools you need to collaborate, call, chat and more. Sync up with co-workers for higher levels of efficiency and productivity in the office, and benefit from inbuilt contact center tools to boost customer satisfaction. New to 3CX? Great! This guide is the ideal starting point to get to grips with the most essential features of 3CX. If you’re already familiar, check out our more in depth guides to find out what more you can do.
Getting Started with 3CX User Guide
The 3CX Web Client
- Login to the Web Client
- Head over to the "Your User Account" email.
- Click on your Web Client URL.
- Download the Windows Desktop App
- Click on the Windows icon on the left Menu within the Web Client, click install.
- Click provision to automatically connect the app.
- Manage your Status & Queues
- Set your status by clicking on your Avatar.
- Green = "available"
- Yellow = "on-call or busy"
- Red = "Do not Disturb"
- Customize status messages and behavior
- Click on Avatar> Your Name> Status
LEARN MORE ABOUT WEB CLIENT
Web / Audio Conferencing
- Create an ad-hoc conference
- Open the Web Client or Windows Desktop App and click on "Video Conference".
- Allow 3CX to access your camera and microphone.
- Click "Add Participant" to invite by email, link, or other method.
- Schedule a conference
- Open the Web Client or Windows Desktop App and click "Schedule Conference"
- In the smartphone app, click "Schedule"
- Fill in the details and select 'Create Meeting" [LEARN MORE]
- Turn any call into a conference
- During the call, select "Conference" in the dialer of your web client.
- Search by name or extension, or add phone number.
- Select your participants, and they will automatically be dialed.
LEARN MORE ABOUT VIDEO CONFERENCING
Using Your Deskphone
- Make a call
- Dial the number on the keypad and hit send or enter.
- OR select a contact or extension from your web client.
- The web client triggers a call on your deskphone if selected.
- Transfer a call
- For blind transfers. Press "Transfer", dial or select extension, press send / dial and hang up.
- Attended transfer. Press "Transfer", dial or select extension, press "Send" announce the caller, press "Transfer" and hang up.
HOW TO USE YOUR DESKPHONE
- Set your voicemail greeting Web Client/ Desktop App
- Go to "Settings > Greetings".
- Record a new greeting, upload pre-recorded message, and change greetings for individual statuses.
- Set your voicemail greeting via Deskphone
- Dial the voicemail greeting via Deskphone
- Enter your PIN and then press "#"
- Select option "9" then "8" and then "0" to record.
- Press "#" to end the recording and "0" to save."
- Set your voicemail greeting via Mobile Application
- Access the 3CX mobile app and dial "999"
- Press # without entering any information
- Enter your extension number, enter your pin number when prompted, then follow the options.
- Listen to your voicemail messages
- From your smartphone app, open the menu and tap on "Voicemail" and select playback icon.
- From your deskphone, dial your voicemail number or hit "Voicemail / Message", enter your pin, press "#" and then "*" to play your messages.
Some options are not included within this brief tutorial, and are subject to your agencies policies or procedures. Users are requested to record their greeting prompt if dial by name directory will be used.
Access these resources directly from the 3CX WEBSITE>